VP Quantitative Analyst
VP, Markets and Securities Services Transformation
Markets and Securities Services (MSS) provide world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments, and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products.
The MSS Transformation team works with all MSS businesses and Citi functions, including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects. The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions and sustainable capabilities in the most efficient and effective way for MSS and its clients.
Examples of major programs that MSS Transformation currently (or recently) manage include: Brexit; Dodd-Frank Title VII; EMIR/Re-Fit; FRTB; IBOR Transition; Markets Conduct Risk; MiFID / MiFIR; Resolution Stay Rules; Volcker / Volcker 2.0 and multiple specific APAC/EMEA/NAM Regulations.
Responsibilities and priorities will reflect needs of the specific programs and will evolve over time, however the following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Reasonably Expected Near Term Demand (RENTD) and Mandates workstreams of the Volcker Rule
- Work with the trading business to analyse the trading and associated risk activity of each Desk
- Ensure Business’ Volcker Mandate documentation is updated to reflect changing business priorities, roles and structures
- Partner with business, risk and legal stakeholders to monitor changes in business activity; assess Volcker implications and support business in ensuring Volcker compliance requirements are met on an ongoing basis
- Work with Technology teams to develop sustainable solutions supporting the Volcker program
- Contributing to the successful delivery of projects in line with overall MSS Transformation book of work
- Contribute to the creation, design and implementation of trading desk business processes, supporting documentation and Quality Assurance (QA) deliverables taking into account the detailed trading activity of trading desks across all asset classes and market sectors
- QA of business process and supporting documentation with reference to project / regulatory expectations
- Assist with the project management and delivery of key changes across a number of sales / trading desks and functions including Risk, Legal, Finance and Compliance
- Identify, prioritise and proactively manage dependencies, risks, exceptions and issues
- Effective communication with key stakeholders both internal and external to the project
- Develop and deliver presentations to MSS Transformation and senior management covering project status and plans.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of Front Office training plans and materials
- Provide subject matter expertise for internal queries relating to appropriate projects
- Supervise, coach and develop more junior MSS Transformation team members
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Efficiently manage large data sets of trade and risk data to draw analytical insights for trading desks
- Experience with programming languages (Python / SQL) is highly desirable
- Exposure to structured project management techniques, preferably in a markets front office environment
- Demonstrable experience of running high impact projects / programs as a consultant or internal change group
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing structured business/operational processes and associated business requirements documentation
- Exposure to analyzing legislative and regulatory texts, and associated legal analysis
- Understanding of global markets trading products (Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies & Commodities) and/or securities services (Prime, Collateral, Clearing, Custody, Fund Services)
- Understanding of Front Office trading processes across the full trade lifecycle within a large bank/dealer
- Understanding of market risk management
Skills and Competencies – Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong project management / business analysis skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce procedural documentation. Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues
- Designing and implementing structured business/operational processes and business requirements documentation
- College/university degree education preferred
- Appropriate industry knowledge & delivery track record is preferred..
Job Family Group:Institutional Trading
Job Family:Quantitative Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting