Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UPS: Route Driver

Cargo
Route Driver47 avaliações
Local
Todos
Encontradas 47 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 42 212 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
UPS gave me full training as a driver, including a week at their "Integrad" facility in Atlanta. You learn about the culture of safe driving at UPS and some instruction about how to deliver packages efficiently. You receive a few days of on-the-job training at your home facility and then there is a month-long evaluation period. You are expected to meet a target of a certain number of deliveries that seems impossible at first, and I constantly thought I was on the verge of being let go. None of this bothered me all that much, as I expected it to be difficult. It's a very physical job; you're always running packages and you're always aware of the clock. After awhile, you kind of develop a routine that becomes comfortable. I would probably have stayed with UPS had they not laid off their seasonal drivers and been very unclear as to when I'd be working again. Their communication is really not the best; I was constantly unclear about what my status was during my training period and what I had to do to become a "permanent" driver.
Vantagens
Good pay; comfortable routine once established
Desvantagens
Long wait for permanent status; poor management communication
Cultura Corporativa
This company was one of my favorite places to work, I took the role of seasonal driver, was called within a month and was flown out to their training facility in Phoenix Arizona. There I met some great people that were from some of the other nearby towns and other states. The flight, hotel, food, were paid for by UPS and transportation to and from training were provided by the hotel free of charge. It is Paid training and will make about $500+ for the week of training.

The actual job is surprisingly fast paced.
Great pay, Great company, Union Job
Desvantagens
Hiring process is a bit lengthy if you need something ASAP
Cultura Corporativa
Kind of a lonely job to work. You get out of morning meetings and you're by yourself all day. They track your every movement down to something like 6 seconds. Management knows all. You are forced to take breaks and they push the republican agenda onto you.

My biggest issue as a Driver was the truck. I had over 300 parcels in the fleets smallest truck making it impossible to meet the demands of the company. The headlights were dangerously week on rainy nights. Training should be during the longer light days of the year, not holiday season.
Compensation is decent.
Desvantagens
Planned obsellesence. You will likely never preform well enough.
1,0
Cultura Corporativa
This company is an awful place to be they do not encourage you did not help you succeed they hire you and use you they do not give you enough work to make sure you make your 40 days of so-called trial. And then they use a lame excuse to fire people do not work for UPS
Vantagens
No pros. The management team or self loathing individuals were only care about themselves
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
1,0
Cultura Corporativa
Management does not take any complaints seriously. Everything is busted up when you get it. Drivers claim they are knocking on doors when they don’t. Also, they don’t stand behind their word like a real company should. Have a bunch of idiots that have no idea what’s going on talking to people on the phone basically telling them lies to get off the phone.
Vantagens
Benefits
Desvantagens
Stupidity
Cultura Corporativa
You get to meet new people . It is a fast paced environment and it is challenging. The company thrives on safety and the safety of there employees. I was only there for 3 months during there peak season but it was fun.
Cultura Corporativa
Great place to work if you have an open mind and a positive attitude, well better then most people ppl who work there. Big routes, long hours, no life, great pay and bennies. Management isunorganized, Somewhat scatterbrained and all over the place. Great people but just to much on their plates. When you need to take to them it's all good if they are right there next to you but good luck getting a return call
Cultura Corporativa
Long hours with stress related. Never know the time you will be home. Good job for young single person. Good benefits and pay. Not the best management.
Cultura Corporativa
I worked from home in a high class part of Texas and never know what time i started or how many hours i would work each day. the co. relied on giving you work based on how many packages was ordered in my area.
Cultura Corporativa
Working under a fast pace with time sensitive delivery’s and time sensitive pickups. Working in a safe way at all times. Following DOT regulations at all times.
Cultura Corporativa
Very fast paced pay is great . I drove to Peoria airport every morning to pick up next day air Stressful during unload after unload i drove a route and did pick ups
pay
Desvantagens
not much time for breaks
Cultura Corporativa
Good company,hard work,body gets beat up as the years go by.,the money is great although you never have time to spend it,Supervisors can be disrespectful at times,safety is a top priority,there is room for growth depending on what you want to do,it is a union shop which is great because a bad management team can try to ruin your career.
Great pay...benefits
Desvantagens
Good workers expected to do more
Cultura Corporativa
UPS has a great work environment, people are very kind and considerate. They have a great training program for those that are excepted into UPS family. They have a great union with great benefits.
Great union and benefits
long days on your feet.
Cultura Corporativa
I did not enjoy my time at ups. The management team is very tight-lipped about your job status and often critical of their drivers.

Most of the drivers were not happy and would leave UPS if they could.
Cultura Corporativa
this was a seasonal job were I went with the ups driver to deliver packages to places of work and resentences and would be on a time schedule to keep.
Cultura Corporativa
Delivered packages during the holidays. This was a temporary position. I have no complaints about the management team. I delivered packages out of my personal vehicle.
Cultura Corporativa
Long hours and hard work, but good pay, and benefits. Would recommend to someone who needs a steady income but must have flexiable hours and be willing to wait for a good work schedule
Cultura Corporativa
learned everything I know there as a company helped me develop my skills and attitude with people and customer service I carry the ups attitude every place I go
Cultura Corporativa
The hardest part of the job was the management team overloading drivers. Rather work drivers 60-70 hours a week than put another route in. Step over a dollar to save a dime.
Good pay and benes
Desvantagens
Laundry list, not a good place to work
Cultura Corporativa
this is a great job to have when you think of finances and benefits offered. keep in mind they are union though so that lends you better job security but you do pay to be a part of that. the work itself is easy if you can read a map and have a good sense of direction. the hours are long and you will be working many of the holidays especially in the winter
Vantagens
pay, benefits, work is easy
Desvantagens
hours are long, must endure all types of weather, very little paid holidays off
Cultura Corporativa
fast paced, demanding job, union job
us verses them mentality (employee vs management)

overall a good job, pay is far better than most hourly jobs

good benefits
Vantagens
good pay, good benefits, earned time off
Desvantagens
over dispatched daily, long hours