Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UPS: Preloader

Cargo
Preloader839 avaliações
Local
Todos
Encontradas 839 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 42 193 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
The work is simple and easy if you are in decent shape, the work itself is very repetitive but is not mentally draining. The people you work with are decent but management had trouble motivating employees.
5,0
Cultura Corporativa
UPS is a faced paced organization as it should be. They are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. This is a solid company that offers career opportunities! They have excellent benefit packages, even for part-time employees!
Cultura Corporativa
I honestly liked working at UPS. I Can say that as a package handler/loader/unloaded time goes by fast. It's like getting paid to lose weight. The local UPS I worked at had very little room for advancement as it was a small facility. They did give incentives for safety.
Vantagens
Part time hours, best insurance in the areas.
Desvantagens
It wasn't a full-time job.
Cultura Corporativa
Great and stable company to work for, however they ride lower management hard to work excruciatingly heavy production standards during the shift. Culture can sometimes be cold and militaristic. Working with the union in a management capacity can be tough.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura Corporativa
This company will do their best to keep you as an employee as long as you’re willing to come back. They work with you but tend to keep big changes on the low, such as available pay raises or new job opportunities in the building, in order to keep wages competitive. Pretty regular work experience.
Vantagens
Part time, job security, decent pay.
Desvantagens
Competitive, Aloof management, incidents caused by miscommunication
Cultura Corporativa
- Flexibility: organization had started to embrace periodic work from home prior to COVID and work-life balance was improved
- Benefits: health benefits used to allow spouse regardless of employment status but still more affordable compared to other employers; dental and vision were fine; optional legal benefits were invaluable

- Opportunities for growth: there are many different roles in different practices so lateral moves and moves into different groups (ie sales to engineer) were common as observed

- Self-development resources: has a system similar to LinkedIn Learning (not the best but sufficient) and digital access to technical learning manuals

- Networking: there are a lot of smart people to learn from at the peer level
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at UPS is easy to manage hard work but if you follow the rules and work with your team you can easily get work done
Cultura Corporativa
I worked for UPS as a Preload Supervisor. They refused to pay me for hours I worked. I had to file a claim with L & I. The atmosphere is not pleasant. They wouldn't activate me as an employee for a couple weeks because of shear laziness. You can't get proper training until they do their job. Union employees are not kind to non union and management tells you to accept the rudeness as it is part of the job.
Cultura Corporativa
Its not Ups as a company its the ups i worked at. The managers did not really help when you really needed them. It was too much work on me and they never gave me help.
Cultura Corporativa
If you need benefits,then its perfect. They give you the benefits because you will most likely have a stroke if you stay there for a few years. It is the most unorganized atmosphere I have ever been in. If you are applying.....God Speed.
Vantagens
You only have to work a few hours a day
Desvantagens
Its hard to break away for bathroom breaks
Cultura Corporativa
A typical day as a UPS preloader involves waking up between 3:00am and 4:00am for work. Once you arrive for your shift, you'll be informed that 2 to 3 people have called in sick and you will be assigned additional duties to cover for them. This is a daily occurrence. You will not be paid for the additional work load. If you do not work fast enough, your supervisor will yell at you. The irony of mistreating the only workers that show up for their shift will be lost on them.

Your UPS Manager doesn't care about you. He just wants you to do whatever job he tells you to do, and be quiet while you do it. If you have a problem, he doesn't want to hear about it, and he will tell you there is nothing he can do to help you. Need time off? Death in the family? Mental illness? He doesn't care. He will hold you to your work responsibilities. Physical injury at work? He'll blame you and pressure you not to file an insurance claim. That way he gets his bonus at the end of the year.

Workplace culture. For the most part, your coworkers are friendly. You'll joke around, probably even meet at the pub for drinks every couple months. But you'll notice how most conversations at work revolve around the absolute lack of safety, honesty and structure at work. People get injured and management tries to cover it up. People who call in sick are ridiculed by management and given guilt trips in order to manipulate them into coming to work.

Bottom line is, if you work for UPS nobody will have your back. If you're the type of person who is willing to mistreat others for your own personal gain, UPS
 - mais...
Friendly coworkers
Desvantagens
Unsafe work environment, dishonest/corrupt management, insurmountable daily workload
Cultura Corporativa
Honestly, I respect UPS. They help workers stay engaged on the task at hand, it was a tough job though. It's a great company all together, many way to grow in the company with good pay.
Cultura Corporativa
They expect you to arrive on time, to be punctual, they don't care about your life out of work, your priority should be the work itself. You have to show "motivation" and be extremely prompt to keep the job on your first 30 days, always 30 minutes ahead of the work schedule. Speaking of the schedule, the application may say one thing, but the work hours depend on when they want it to start, and it changes everytime. If you don't arrive on time everyday, how hard you work does not matter, they will lay you off if you are not prompt.
Vantagens
The benefits after 9 months. You have whatever is left of the afternoon for yourself.
Desvantagens
10 minute breaks. An unstable work schedule. Sleep deprivation.
Cultura Corporativa
Everyone work as a team like a football 🏈 team getting the packages and boxes where they needed to go... I didn’t have problems with all supervisors/.
Cultura Corporativa
My manger is rude to work with and he’s not professional...he will yell at someone in front of everybody................................................
Cultura Corporativa
I work(ed) as a preloader in a large hub for a large city during the Covid-19 pandemic, and let me tell you, I was grossly unprepared for the task at hand. The work load expected of me, even on my second day, consisted of loading four trucks with 1000+ packages all together. Since then a good day for me is loading around 800 packages within 3 trucks. I am a "part time" employee yet get hours that are full time, pressured to work on weekends and to come in early, and expected to keep up with workload when there is no incentive to go fast over pacing yourself. I am fatigued after every shift, taking away from the day I have left over to sleep, wake up, and relax til I have to go in again that night and morning. In short, the job is not for me. However, if you are fine with monotonous hard labor, then this job is for you.
Paid Lunches, Good benefits, Hires pretty much anyone
High Demand, Hot Environment
Cultura Corporativa
As a pre-loader, the experience for me was bitter-sweet. As many have said, the supervisors and management are VERY hit or miss. I ended up quitting because one supervisor chastises the entire belt regularly, and will chastise you personally should you be unable to physically perform the ridiculous amount of work the job does require.
For example, if more than a SINGLE package reached the back of the belt, this guy will throw a fit, and demand you drop whatever it is you're doing, and get that ONE box- even if doing so will cause many more boxes to reach the back.

Also, if others slack off- it's YOUR job to do their work for them. And, if you have a bad supervisor- guess what happens when you don't do their work for them...you get yelled at! So, I quit.
Cultura Corporativa
I made friends, loaded trucks, and dealt with alot of packages that came through. From 8,000 to 35,000 a day in over 3 and a half years. Its has great benefits too.
Cultura Corporativa
It is a good places for young people who still live at home with there parents. I say that because I have been laid off for months at a time. You are better off going to a big hub. Small ones do not give much room for advancement.
Vantagens
Benefits
Desvantagens
Destroys the body
Cultura Corporativa
Low pay for what is expected of you at work, but they have good benefits and it is a respected company. Depends on location what your options are in the union. It is hard to move positions at a smaller facility.
Vantagens
Benefits
Desvantagens
Pay
5,0
Cultura Corporativa
A typical day at work is generally predictable, there are always opportunities to learn and advance. It's like a family there, be decent and they'll have your back, the occasional spats here and there but what workplace doesn't? The hardest part of the job is peak season, hours are long, workloads are massive, but the OT is great and the job is mostly very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is how structured everything is, the job security, etc.