Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UPS: Package Handler

Cargo
Package Handler11 155 avaliações
Local
Todos
Encontradas 11 155 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 42 193 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
A typical day at work was to load the UPS trucks with boxes from the slide and irregulars belt.

What I learned was how hard you have to work on a day to day basis with a labor job.

My co-workers were great very enjoyable people to be around.

The hardest part of the job is lifting the furniture, boxed basketball hoops, televisions, etc..
Vantagens
Allowed to bring food and drinks to your work area
Desvantagens
Not allowed to sit down for the whole work day start to finish, which some days lasted 14 hours
Cultura Corporativa
It was an amazing job that taught me a lot. I loved it and the people were great. I would recommend it to college students and or high school students needing a job.
Great
Non
1,0
Cultura Corporativa
I got fired after my 90 days even after saying I was quitting and they still listed me down as fired and now I can’t work for them anymore, it was an unfair time there too because I would get sent off before the new hires did too cutting my hours and making me loose money.
Only free water
We had 10 min breaks and everyone treated others like unfairly
Cultura Corporativa
Working as a package handler during the summer was a pretty good experience overall. Management was great and very supportive. The work was monotonous but can be chaotic at times, which is when the stress mainly happens. It gets overwhelming when you have to work on busy days with multiple trucks, some with packages that just take too much room and come at once. I personal preferred working at sorting than with trucks, but overall it was a good experience and I did feel appreciated there by most of my superiors.
Vantagens
Supportive and room for promotions
Short lunch
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
2,0
Cultura Corporativa
A shift at Ups consisted of heavy and fast paced movements. Lots of bending, turning, lifting anything from an envelope to a whole flat screen. Loud and hectic environment due to the conveyer belts and trucks. Sorting packages wasn't that bad, but un/loading trucks is really when the back problems start to occur. Don't expect any breaks if you work part time.
Cultura Corporativa
I enjoyed working for UPS. They have advancment incentives. Its always busy so no down time its all about the get there, get it done, but safely. And people there are down to earth,and easy get along with
Vantagens
No down time, great benefits, plus advancement thru company
Cultura Corporativa
Good work can easily work w anyone’s schedule if you talk to your supervisor. Managements gets hard to keep track some times if they keep moving around. Ups is easy to get in good side money for many people.
Cultura Corporativa
Overall, working here is fun and fast paced if you're interested in hard lifting and moving. Sorting and moving boxes is a major part of the job, with punctuality and efficiency being touted as important characteristics. There is, however, little opportunity for advancement for new employees due to seniority being used as a metric for advancement into nearly any position. Expect to regularly move packages weighing up to 150 pounds as loader/unloader, sometimes without help.
Vantagens
Paid workout, good for students and people looking to lose weight
Desvantagens
Short breaks, backbreaking work, steep learning curve for certain tasks
Cultura Corporativa
It's a hard job where they work you to the Bone and then ask you to do more. the worst thing is these packages sometimes come a lot faster than you can actually pack them which leads to bad sorts which can get you in trouble. But that aside you do earn some pretty great benefits if you stay there for long enough.
Health benefits, union
Desvantagens
Grueling physical labor, no breaks, heavy workload.
Cultura Corporativa
Worked as a package handler. Job was very difficult work and had insane start times. Ended up getting a bunch of gray hair and being really stressed out so had to quit.
Vantagens
Almost no thinking involved.
Desvantagens
Short breaks, bad hours, high stress, breaks down your body
Cultura Corporativa
You're guaranteed 3.5 hours of work everyday, but when COVID hit I was able to work 6-7 hour days. It gets easier as time goes on, but it's still hard work and at times they'll overload you with packages too quickly. Show up on time and do the work. Tuition reibursement starts from day one (if you're at a location that offers it) and health insurance takes a few months. The health insurance is what makes the job worth it.
Work/Life balance is fine if you're a package handler, but if you become a driver expect to have none.

Pros: Health insurance, tuition reimbursement, hard to get fired if you're in the union and show up on time & do the work everyday

Cons: Work 6 days/week during winter holidays, start & end times can change everyday, no breaks (even when working 8 hours)
Health insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Getting Fit
No breaks, no transfers
Cultura Corporativa
UPS can be a career path. It is very strenuous and pre-load has crazy hours and pay is low for the time and effort. Overall its a decent partztime gig that will always be there. But rhe pay is low and hours are tough.
Vantagens
Good group of guys I work with. Benefits are good once You finally get them!
Desvantagens
Crazy hours. Minimal hours. Grind non stop from stary to finish for honestly a low wage.
Cultura Corporativa
It’s a place where you have to work hard, great for balancing work and school. Management can be iffy sometimes which leads to more work to be done but at 14 an hour it’s not bad. You have to Stay hydrated
Pay, hours, benefits
Desvantagens
Working conditions, heavy work, management
Cultura Corporativa
you are getting paid to workout if you work as a package handler. as time goes on , it’s gets manageable to do the job, but only the strong survive. I worked there for 1 month and every week, less and less people showed up (they quit), and I ended up having to do so much more work and stay overtime to get the job done. Very stressful . Very face paced. Very physically demanding.
Vantagens
Benefits
Desvantagens
Hot, Fast paced, male dominant work force
Cultura Corporativa
Working at UPS can be challenging and hard working. But it is manageable and easy to get use to. It’s nice to see you can grow with the company if you stay and dedicate yourself.
Vantagens
Always busy, great benefits and decent pay
Desvantagens
Short breaks, not able to have phone even for a parent to be able to check on their children while at work.
Cultura Corporativa
It depends on what position you get in the warehouse also management is awful so don’t bother. If you wanna find out about something you might as well go to worker who’s been there longer to found out
ice machine
The volume
Cultura Corporativa
Great people to work with and fair opportunity to work in different parts of the facility. A great way to start a career for management and to start up as supervisor.
Great place, good people
Desvantagens
Short breaks, unfair policy changes, and lousy supervisors
Cultura Corporativa
I like this job I mean the lifting could be hard sometimes but you always had somebody to help you, and you could always help somebody and I love helping my co workers no matter the task we can get through it.
Cultura Corporativa
I loaded trucks but the schedule was never the same and didnh get but about 300$ a week and it wasn't enough to live off of I have a family I need to provide for and I need to be making at least 800$ a week so I can get out of my parents house and have a comfortable life just need a good job.
Good excercise
Short paychecks
Cultura Corporativa
I started during Peak season of 2018 and been there part time for about two year I love work there with the people they all work together helping everyone out I would like to make it full time but there been on opening
Healthcare
Short beaks
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at UPS are really good. Free insurance, tuition reimbursement.

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at UPS, I think show up and do your job, keep your job.

In general, managers at UPS could use a little more training

Overall

Ok. FREE INSURANCE