Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UPS: Dock Worker

Cargo
Dock Worker273 avaliações
Local
Todos
Encontradas 273 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 42 212 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
This job is hard but the benefits are real good. For the most part the management is good everyone there is working and sweating like you so your not the only one doing the work.
Vantagens
Benefits
Desvantagens
most of the jobs are part time
Cultura Corporativa
I come in I get paperwork go out on the dock to load and unload the trailers. Moving trailers in and out with a semi truck. The hardest part this of this job was learning the computers, working in extreme temperatures, and physical labor at a fast pace.
Having summer cookouts
Desvantagens
No breaks and breathing in dirt
1,0
Cultura Corporativa
At ups freight they start you off at $18 ph as a cdl driver. What they don’t tell you when you get the job is, that you’re going to be working a forklift on the dock most the time until you get some seniority under your belt, which I seen take up to 10 years. They constantly lay off every year and schedules are hard to keep up with because you can get bumped by higher seniority workers on days notices. Full time employees that were there before you who decide to get their cdl bump you down in seniority making it harder for you to ever drive. Benefits are really good but other then that it’s hard to make a living there if you have a family for the first 4 years until top pay. Top pay is $30ph unless you’re still on the dock (which is common). Spent almost three years there and was never stable couldn’t survive between lay offs and hours. Don’t mistake ups freight for regular ups it’s not the same. They make it very clear that they’re a separate entity and won’t allow transfers to feeder. Overall I wouldn’t suggest working here unless you’re young and have a good 5-10 years to spare making low money.
Benefits are $80 a month for single and $120 a family
Desvantagens
Low pay even at top pay you can’t get enough hours
Cultura Corporativa
It depends on your job duty. You may start off loading and unloading trailers. You could scan boxes or sort boxes on the belt and load them into trucks for delivery
Paid weekly
Desvantagens
Weather environment in the facility
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura Corporativa
Good job only thing that sucked was part time hard to get full time had to pretty much become driver to even think about getting full time so it kinda sucked
Cultura Corporativa
Great job. The timing and overtime is terrible but i loved it there. The management is backwards and the workers are a seniority type of environment. Easy work though.
Cultura Corporativa
Unloading trucks on to a pallet to be processed as a return from amazon. Worked in teams an also used pallet jacks to move heavy equipment to processing stations
Cultura Corporativa
The job is fast paced, The Managers are extremely rude talk to employers like slaves the security guards abuse their position. You had to work fast on hands.
1,0
Cultura Corporativa
I’ll pass not a good place to work no advancement just work go home , get canned seasonal but pay is pretty decent and the workers are cool management is weird and the recruiters are terrible
Cultura Corporativa
It’s a cool job yu mainly drive a forklift and ship packages to trucks so that they can get delivered out of town , the people there & also the supervisors are so coo
Cultura Corporativa
At UPS Freight they start you off at $18 per hour, no paid holidays for the first year, and it takes 4 years to make "top pay". jvnijnlkdnvgnikfvngkjfnfnvfj
Cultura Corporativa
People aren't too bad to deal with. Just had issues with the smoke breaks. But I shouldn't have been smoking in the first place lol. I'm a great worker though I work my tail off whatever I do.
Cultura Corporativa
If you slip up, in the tiniest of ways and do something wrong at UPS some people in management will cuss you like a dog, for no reason. But all and all it was a good working atmosphere.
People, hours
Cultura Corporativa
This is an job I loved loved working here loved the family here I got alot accomplished while working here I learned alot whole working here grateful for the opportunity
Cultura Corporativa
when i worked for them it was fun, you were always moving and loading the trucks up. there wasn't a time where i didn't want to show up for work, i was looking forward waking up and going straight to work!
Cultura Corporativa
It was an honor, to work for a well-known company. I got sense of pride working for the company. But I the pay wasn't what I expected and I needed something more secure.
Cultura Corporativa
employees and customers are put last to saving money on operations.
company provides no amenities to employees that work in below 0 temps. will go out of their way to deliver freight late if there isn't enough going to same location already. as part time employee there is no flexibility with having another job.
Cultura Corporativa
You really just have to blend in and not let anyone notice you or else you will be put on the spot for your mistakes. The environment is very clique-y not unlike a high school cafeteria. The management could not care less about what you do, as long as you're achieving their goals.
Good breaks, Cool Experience
Desvantagens
Everyone's on edge, management doesn't care
Cultura Corporativa
Ups showed me there’s more than just coming to work and punching in a clock . I’ve gain relationships in those I would like to call friend. It showed me how you can start at the bottom and work your way up to the top.
Cultura Corporativa
You would began the night by finding a laoder, a.k.a. a forklift. Then need to go to the dog house to get a trailer or to be assigned to help a fellow co-worker. If assigned to someone for help. you would either help unload their trailer or hand the bills [paperwork for fright]. If given a trailed you would go to the corresponding door on your bills. Verify the door, the trailer, and the seal on the trailer. Knowing all match then you would proceed to unload the trailer and take any\all fright to their respected doors\ trailers.
Cultura Corporativa
The job is easy. Hours are good also. Would not change a thing. Love helping people. No boss, cant best that at all. And the patients most of the time are easy going