Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UPS: Poughkeepsie, NY

Cargo
Todos
Local
Poughkeepsie, NY14 avaliações
Encontradas 14 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 42 230 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
I don’t really have much to say about it other than that, I just focused on getting my work done while not allowing myself to get distracted, so I guess I don’t remember too much worth mentioning
ease of getting the job
no night shifts
2,0
Cultura Corporativa
UPS runs things very old fashion, you must live at work to succeed. Old boys club type of way. If you like getting up before the sun this could be the job for you. If you do not care about anyone but yourself than this job is for you,
2,0
Cultura Corporativa
Kind of a lonely job to work. You get out of morning meetings and you're by yourself all day. They track your every movement down to something like 6 seconds. Management knows all. You are forced to take breaks and they push the republican agenda onto you.

My biggest issue as a Driver was the truck. I had over 300 parcels in the fleets smallest truck making it impossible to meet the demands of the company. The headlights were dangerously week on rainy nights. Training should be during the longer light days of the year, not holiday season.
Compensation is decent.
Desvantagens
Planned obsellesence. You will likely never preform well enough.
Cultura Corporativa
Lifting and endurance needed. Can be stressful and demanding work. Hours vary based on volume for each day. Benefits offered through union and corporate are very valuable
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura Corporativa
Seasonal position during the busy shipping holidays. Low pay but the potential to become a full-time employee after completing some seasonal training.
Cultura Corporativa
Ups is a great company to work for. There is definately room for advancement. There is a lot of unsupervised work time which always gave me a sense of control.
Cultura Corporativa
Great job if they would take me back after I finish school I would be happy the people there are helpful the salary was great but the time was not that great
Salery was great
The time messed me up
Cultura Corporativa
A time sensitive operation/always under pressure to exceed demands of weather, customers and the clock. A regimented format, as close to being in the military without being in the military.
Cultura Corporativa
Exceptional pay for job qualifications, Long days that may interfere with life outside of work, expect to make adjustments based around your job. Benefits are exceptional based on sub contracts
Vantagens
benefits
Desvantagens
Cultura Corporativa
i found myself doing 3 jobs at once every night cause they knew if i worked really hard i can get it done which i did. i just figure if your doing more jobs they should recognize it more instead of taking it for granted.
good benefits
everything else
Cultura Corporativa
A typical day working as a drivers helper for ups in interesting. You get a chance to build relationship with co-workers and customers as well. Being a seasonal driver and working around the holidays, I put a lot we've put smiles on a lot of customers faces.
CUSTOMER CARE
Cultura Corporativa
Learned how to pack a truck and make deliveries and pickups to and from customers. Management was very understanding and reliable. Co-workers are enjoyable and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy packages in extreme weather. I enjoyed traveling throughout the County.
Unform
Extreme weather conditions
Cultura Corporativa
There are few companies I have worked for that offer the sense of family at UPS. Nearly everyone I worked was pleasant, always ready to lend a helping hand. The hours were long, yet fulfilling. There was never a question that went unanswered by a superior, and a supervisor was never hard to find. While the physical aspects of the job were demanding, they were also some of the best of what the job had to offer.
Cultura Corporativa
UPS, is a very cautious based job. You are tending to people and their products as well as ensuring they leave the store satisfied. Things i have learned from this previous job would be that i have learned the proper steps to taking care of peoples belongings, finalizing sales, and checking inventory. The hardest part of the job would be to ensure that the packing suggested to the customer is the proper one for shipment.