H&R Block
4.1 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa H&R Block

4.1Equilíbrio entre trabalho e vida pessoal

Ordenar por

avaliação útilpontuaçãodata
Mostrando todas as 13,173 avaliações

Empresa de declaração de I.R.

Avaliação em destaque do Indeed

Eleita pelo Indeed como a mais útil
Aprimoramento em declaração de I.R., oportunidade de viajar pelo Brasil e conhecer culturas diferentes.

Vantagens

Experiência com declaração de I.R.

Temporário

Friendly environment

Love working with team that makes me feel welcomed and almost family.Enjoy the service I can provide to each and every client who comes in seeking assistance with their taxes.

Care for employees

Desvantagens

No insurance for seasonal workers
Esta avaliação foi útil?

I love that it is seasonal and look forward to the 4 months each and every year.

You make your own schedule, you earn as much as you are able to as far as completing tax returns. There is an hourly pay but basically your overall pay is comprised of the amount and difficulty of the tax returns you complete.

Vantagens

Make own schedule, opportunity for more money.

Desvantagens

Seasonal and only 4 months out of the year.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Great company to work for; great work/life balance

Management is better than most other companies, from my experience. They treat all employees rather fairly, from the lowest seasonal line employees through those in the corporate offices in KC. Great community outreach programs as well. Pay is pretty decent. $1000+ salary per week in Mississippi. Not bad for minimal education reqs.

Vantagens

Decent salary, flexible WFH balance, low stress

Desvantagens

Dealing with retirees’ schedules, seasonal work, bonus structure is lacking

Great starting place

Great place to start getting experience completing tax returns individual and corporate. They also have a great training program. The pay could start a little higher though

Classifique uma empresa recente

Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas

flexible hours, good training, easy

HR Block is a fair company to work for. They are professional and encourage you to get certified in many areas. They offer flexible hours and the office leaders are great!
Esta avaliação foi útil?

They don't pay their employees enough for what they deal with on a daily basis

They don't pay their employees enough for what they do but they do provide bonuses each year. The only issue with it is if even one person goes over the hours they aren't supposed to work or even do something after hours it gets ruined for everyone.

Vantagens

Free lunches each month Extra bonuses from contests
Esta avaliação foi útil?

This job can be very stressful

It was the absolute most boring and irritating job I have ever had. The management does not work with your personal schedule at all and the work environment is not worth the money it is made out of.

Desvantagens

Mean/rude customers and stupid job tasks.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Management was unprofessional. Favoritism.

management was unprofessional. Favoritism. Expected one to be in their groups rather than just be there to do your job .Intimidated by intelligence , experience and personality.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Looks good for future jobs

The management was great. From my direct supervisor all the to the regional manager, I would say they are amazing in supporting and encouraging the office staff… the support was great..However The hours in a single day still seem to remain at just 24. Unfortunately, management did not agree or understand.

Vantagens

My MTL was the best direct supervisor I have ever worked under in my career. Very responsive, pleasant and HUMAN

Desvantagens

Pay did not reflect work done outside job description, Time spent Performing supervisors tasks as well as earning additional certifications to do so, All to ensure the efforts of my office reflected promise of achieving goals set beyond reality, Tax pros v tax pros in an office team leads v team leads office v office districts v districts, If in front of losing offices maybe get a virtual shout out followed by a pizza or donuts, awarded to the office with the max amount of returns and the least amount of home life
Esta avaliação foi útil?

No valoran el trabajo que hago en la compañía

No valoran tu trabajo y tampoco tú sacrifico porque trabajar en esta pandemia es sacrificar tú vida y tú salud y eso nadie lo valora y mucho menos tus Jefes

Great job but no hours

Frankly, if I could get more than 8 hours a week (max) I would have loved this job and I'd have signed up again this year. Unfortunately, it's a essentially a closed shop with the staff members working full time usually having at least 10 years experience. You could get full time work there but it would take several seasons. Perfect for pensioners who want a little extra money - and you'll be able to do your own taxes!

Vantagens

Interesting work, relaxed atmosphere, sense of fulfillment from helping customers.

Desvantagens

Not getting enough hours to make it worth working there.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Management is good but some of the training needs to be improved

My franchise has good management although the training is ok. Job should have higher pay because what we do is certainly not worth what they say. Other than that the work/life balance is solid.

1 hour lunch

Training

Friendly Environment with Helpful Coworkers

Working as a Front Desk Receptionist you call clients, set appointments, answer calls, clean the office, greet clients, and organize files. You take a training course with TONS of information about the programs you are using and what information you should know; very helpful but a little overwhelming at first. Most of the skills you need you will learn on the job. Beware, you will have to call many people every day, there were times when I called up to 100 people, but that's not the norm. Overall good job to gain some customer service experience.

Vantagens

Flexible hours, Helpful managers, friendly coworkers

Desvantagens

No real benefits, low pay
Esta avaliação foi útil?

A lot of good training available.

The company is a good place to get basic training, expand it with the many courses offered and get some on the ground experience. Mentorship was nonexistant, you are thrown into the water to sink or swim.

Vantagens

Training opportunities, big company with lots of marketing brings in clients.

Desvantagens

Management focused on bottom line not quality work, no mentorship or feedback.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Terrible under paid job no benefits no retirement plan. No health care. have a death in your family take two days off and you will not be paid.

I would not recommend H&R Block to anyone. Work long hours. Under paid. A cashier at McDonald’s Has a better job. Enough said! Please call if you would like me to discuss in detail.

No free lunch

Desvantagens

No healthcare. No paid holidays, vacation, lOnly paid when you are in the office. This includes everyone. Full time or part time
Esta avaliação foi útil?

H& R Block pays minimum wages and takes away the commission they promise.

H & R Block is losing tax pros due to terrible pay. They even expect tax pros to vacuum and clean the bathrooms and offices because H & R Block will not hire any cleaning companies. The offices are filthy. The carpets are disgusting. They are losing so many tax pros that tax pros who are left are expected to work at what ever office they assign them to on any given day. New tax pros usually don’t even work the full first season before they quit.

Vantagens

Some nice people. Education.

Desvantagens

Terrible pay, No benefits. Required to do maid service. Have to work alone a lot, sometimes in bad neighborhoods.

Great place to work!!

I loved everyday I worked there. I worked 11 tax seasons.It's a team atmosphere. We worked together. I had several District Managers and like them all.

Vantagens

Flex schedule, friendly but professional. The support was outstanding. We helped each other.

Seasonal employment.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

You do learn the basics of preparing tax returns.

H&R Block is a terrible company to work for as a Tax Preparer. The way their compensation currently works is that you have an Hourly Rate that goes against a draw. You are paid a certain percentage of the fees towards that draw, and at the end of the season, if you earned more in commissions than paid hours, you receive a "bonus" that is the difference between the two. You have no way of negotiating the rate. The downside is that, from 2 years ago, our earning potential under this plan decreased 19%. The galling thing about this is that in a recent message, we were told they had increased their advertising budget by 70%. New Employees are only paid a flat rate. They do not have a commission, or draw. They will not make any real money until their 3rd season. They put out shoddy software in the office, and expect us to "sell our expertise". Recently this year, they "encouraged" all of us to become "Small Business Certified". We were not offered any additional compensation to be certified, nor were we given training hours to do this. It is a meaningless title designed to create Imagined value in the eye of the customer to justify their fees. Also, their equipment in office does not work well, especially the phone service. This has been reported to our district manager for several years, and nothing has ever been done about it.

Cheapest way to get credits for Continuing Education

Pay Hours Company Culture
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Good people working here overall but the seasonal employment makes it imperfect.

If they would train people to grow inside the company and provide full time employment, I think this company could become a wonderful place to be. The seasonal aspect of employment makes it not attractive.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

I work for a franchisee, and they are amazing.

They provide all the training and reference material then you could possibly need. You get paid hourly then get a commission at the end of tax season.
Esta avaliação foi útil?

Deseja saber mais acerca do trabalho aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou as entrevistas na empresa "H&R Block". Os funcionários atuais e os antigos poderão responder.Perguntar

Avaliação geral