Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Gi Group: Scunthorpe

Cargo
Local
Encontradas 19 avaliações correspondentes à pesquisa
Ver todas as 1037 avaliações
Cultura Corporativa
Various jobs, so you don't have to worry about the monotony, friendly and helpful staff with the main focus in finding a job for people.The downside of the coin is that if you want to find a job through them, you will have to call them several times and go to their office.
Cultura Corporativa
Gi Group is a great company, pleasant to work for. Agency coordinators are really friendly so is the management I would recommend working with Gi Group
Friendly People
Sometimes pay queries
Cultura Corporativa
So, to begin with, i turned up for an induction and me and my friends names were not on the list. The awfully rude security guard told us to “clear off”. The matter was resolved and then induction was dragged out for 8 tedious hours, sat in a classroom and doing food safety & health and safety quiz’s. We got given the answers. Not in those 8 hours did we get given ANY training whatsoever. The next day we were called in for our first day. As soon as we got kitted up, we got slung straight onto production line. NO ONE speaks English so when i asked what was the task, the workers looked up and down at me and ignored me. When put on other stations line managers would shout and mimick you if you did or said anything wrong, not even knowing it was your first day and you had NO TRAINING. Also, when they speak to you, its in their own foreign language, they just assume you’re not british! My break was at 7:45 for 50 minutes ( 1h45 into starting????????) and no one had told me it was 50 minutes long, so i went back to the factory from the canteen after 15 minutes and assumed we had a break at lunch. Once getting back kitted up and in the actual factory, someone had told me i shouldnt be back yet as my break was no where near finished, but theb told me to just stay standing around thr factory instead of going back. 1 break of 15 mins is not enough. Even having a 50 mins break an hour into uyour shift is against the law, as not having other break, as being made for 6 hours straight!!!! Avoid avoid avoid. The line managers all need sacking. Also, VERY UNHYGIENIC
Cultura Corporativa
I decided to look for a job as I was stuck in a situation where I was being bullied in a workplace and wanted out as quick as possible wish I had not bothered. I got taken on by this agency they do not interview you so you have the job no matter what you just fill in a form. I started in a chicken factory in Scunthorpe for the 2 sisters food group and I have to say I was appalled. I was given some cheep wellies that made my feet very sore and blistered by the end of the day. I was put on a station in the factory which effecting my wrists as I have carpel tunnel I was in so much pain. I was moved to serval stations within the factory as I kicked off big time saying I am so much pain I need to go home they then said to me no you cannot go home we shall move you somewhere else, all these different departments made no difference and they still refused me to go home I nearly walked out but forced myself to stay as that's who I am as a person. the communication is very poor and no one really speaks English and its a long day when your suffering and no one talks to you. I was told day before I started my illness and injury's would be taken into account and would have light duties I guess not. I also got lots of cramp in my feet and toes due to the poor quality of the wellies and the dampness in there which I know it has to be kept cold but they don't take care of the staff at all. It was my first day and I had no training what so ever and then was yelled at for doing stuff wrong etc. I was told to go on my break which was 50mins long, the agency was kept hold of my phone and purse - mais...
Classifique uma empresa recente
Partilhe a sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura Corporativa
Treat you quite well despite being an agency worker. They work with you in order to help get a position that will suite you well. They don't skimp on training.
Cultura Corporativa
Would tell us we had a job which would last for a couple of months then only ended up getting 3 weeks of work, i enjoyed the placement where i was but lost it as they took on more people. they aren't very organised or fair.
Fair breaks
Desvantagens
Not organized and no security within work
Cultura Corporativa
Don't give you advance notice if working or not like how they say required to. Not guaranteed hours you need to work to cover living expenses. When requiring about work sometimes staff are rude on the phone by trying to end the conversation as quickly as possible.
Cultura Corporativa
Enjoy working for these people, very polite, very helpful, get you work easy, good incentives to work as many hours as you can to get a better pay after 38 hours, can get overtime if wanted, best agency I’ve been with so far. Couldn’t fault. Thorough inductions and tests! Everything needed to work they’ll provide it.
Everything’s a pro
Not one.
Cultura Corporativa
As long as you are competent they will do their best to keep you employed. I was an average employee and they kept me in work for 6 months until I found another job.
Good pay, flexibility
12 hour shifts
Cultura Corporativa
this job was very fun, it gave me the power to learn upon my admin skills, which progressed me to gain a job in the estate agency. Very good company to work for.
Short hours
Agency
Cultura Corporativa
Registered with the company and had a discussion with a member of staff about finding me work so I left them to contact me and see if they could offer me anything, I have not to this day heard anything back from them at all, I never received a fall call, nothing, what a disrespectful company, I would advice all people to avoid GI group as they didn't help me at all!
Desvantagens
They are useless and don't contact you
Cultura Corporativa
been in worst places 9 to 5.30 picker small warehouse easy work not a lot of staff some nice some not fast moving basic warehouse work easy house keeping
Cultura Corporativa
I worked in differents factories. was very difficult to find a stable place in which to work, they changed me constantly factory.
Cultura Corporativa
I have enjoyed working for gi-group as it has let me have lots of experience in many different factorys.i have enjoyed meeting lots of new people but as it is through an agency I don't always have enough work so I am now looking for a more permanent job.
Cultura Corporativa
Full time 14h - 22h, in a production line. Learned to work fast, teamwork, respect my colleagues, I learned more English, I learned how to be a leader, be on time, meet targets, worked as a leader, I worked a lot of overtime, I learned to be more patient and give value myself and the people who work with me. Some difficulties were working in places many cold as in Karro Food and lack of respect some people with each other, apart from that, always I felt very good in all places where I worked, made friends from all over the world and have the door open for all jobs where spent.
Vantagens
Try different types of environment and food.
Cold temperature
Cultura Corporativa
i learned how to pack bacon correctly the hardest part of the job was the fact it was very tedious. the typical hours were 6 till 3
local
tedious
Cultura Corporativa
Very friendly team. Helpfull management.The working staff tried to help and showed the different ways how to do the work easier.Great staff
Free Lunches
Cultura Corporativa
they are an ok agency the staff are great just not that bothered about fining you a job unless you are ringing them several times a day.
great staff
Desvantagens
cant always get you work for more than a week
Cultura Corporativa
They have found me work promptly and effieciently over different types jobs,they are very patient and do their best to help. Jobs included delivering driving to machine operating. I have gained experience in these fields of work and will hopefully gain some more in the future.